It is the mission of the Holmdel Township Police Department to preserve the peace and order, to protect life and property, to enforce the laws of the United States, the State of New Jersey, and the Township of Holmdel, to direct and control traffic, and to protect and assist the residents.
Accomplishing Our Mission
In order to accomplish this mission, the Holmdel Police Department shall perform, at least, the following functions:
- Provide for a law enforcement presence and availability throughout the township on a 24-hour basis.
- Respond to reports of criminal events or requests for law enforcement service in a timely manner.
- Investigate criminal events or potential criminal events by identifying, apprehending, and providing evidence and testimony.
- Maintain responsive contact and communications with victims of crimes.
- Ensure the orderly and safe flow of traffic in concert with neighboring law enforcement agencies.
- Encourage community compliance with laws and participation in public safety through crime prevention and education programs, community relations activities, and in setting examples for the public to follow.
- Resolve public or domestic disputes to avoid escalation into violence.
- Maintain proactive programs directed at crime prevention among the youth of the community.
- Assure that prisoners in custody of the department are treated humanely and consistent with the laws of the state.
- Provide community services to the public that aid in accomplishing the law enforcement mission.
- Assist other law enforcement agencies in the region.
- Respond to all disasters whether natural or man-made.
Professional Police Services
The Holmdel Township Police Department is committed to providing professional police services to the community, doing so in the most effective and efficient manner possible.