Zoning Board of Adjustment
- First and third Wednesday of each month (may vary due to holidays)
- 7:00 p.m.
- Court Room at Town Hall
4 Crawfords Corner Road
Holmdel, NJ 07733
Powers & Responsibilities
The Zoning Board shall have the power to hear and decide appeals, hear and decide requests for interpretation, and hear applications for variance relief, when the variance being requested is not part of a site plan or subdivision application. This most often applies to individual homeowners who are requesting relief from Holmdel’s Development Regulations, such as setback or coverage requirements.
Please contact the Zoning Officer prior to requesting a variance from the zoning board. Click HERE to access the Zoning Officer's webpage.
In addition, the Zoning Board has the power to grant variances to permit:
- A non permitted use or principal structure
- An expansion of a non conforming use
- A deviation from a specification or standard pertaining solely to a conditional use
- An increase in the permitted floor area ratio (FAR)
- An increase in the permitted density
- A height of a principal structure which exceeds 10 feet or 10% of the maximum height permitted
The Zoning Board of Adjustment consists of 7 regular members and 2 alternate members, all of whom shall be residents of the Township of Holmdel and all appointed by the Mayor. Regular members shall serve for terms of 4 years, and alternate members shall serve for 2 years, all from January 1 of the year of their appointment.
Current Board Members
- Valerie Avrin-Marchiano, Vice Chairperson
- Demetri Orfanitopoulos,Vice Chairman
- Don Hern
- Lou LoPresti
- DJ Luccarelli
- William Nemcik
- Anthony Pesce
- Chris Briamonte, Alternate 1
- Keri Todisco, Alternate 2
Zoning Board Professionals
- Attorney: Marty Pfleger, Esq.
- Engineer: Robert Bucco, P.E.
- Planner: Peter Van den Kooy, P.P.